~commercial roofing company Arizona~
A Guide on Single-Ply Roofing Systems for Commercial Buildings
Single ply roofing is being increasingly used in commercial and residential settings. It is made up of flexible synthetic polymer sheets. There are two main categories – synthetic rubber and thermoplastics. Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) has been extensively used by commercial roofing company Arizona as a thermoplastic membrane for decades. It can be installed on different types and sizes of commercial buildings. It offers a wide range of benefits including ease of installation, versatility, and environment-friendliness.
This guide explains the different types of single-ply roofing systems and their main advantages.
Types of Single-Ply Roofing
- PVC: Polyvinyl chloride roofs high very high resistance to chemicals. They are highly durable and easy to install and repair.
- Thermoplastic Olefin: Your commercial roofing company Arizona may recommend this material because of its excellent weather resistance. It is a long-lasting option.
- EPDM: Ethylene Propylene Diene Terpolymer is more flexible and offers high level of versatility when it comes to installation. It offers excellent protection from the elements including UV rays. It can last even longer than thermoplastic olefin single-ply roofs.
Advantages of Single-Ply Roofs
Some of the main benefits of single-ply roofs are as following:
- Environment-Friendly: Single-ply membranes are more eco-friendly compared to other types of commercial roofing alternatives. Thermoplastic polyethylene is considered to be the most environment-friendly.
- High Durability: If you are looking for a durable roofing system, your commercial roofing company Arizona is highly likely to recommend this option. It protects your building against the weather and offers 100% resistance against UV rays.
- Fire & Chemical Resistance: This type of roofing has excellent resistance toward fire. This makes it even better for commercial establishments. If your industrial operations involve potential risk of chemical exposure, your commercial roofing company Arizona is again likely to recommend single-ply roofing.
Thus, there are many reasons for choosing single-ply roofing systems for your commercial building. You should consult your commercial roofing company Arizona to choose the right type of roofing based on the kind of operations in your establishment.
~ Content by Webvisable